Animal Care and Control
**Bylaw Enforcement Complaints
We respond to animal Bylaw concerns, investigate dog attacks/bites, barking concerns, apprehend and intake stray domestic animals, plus much more related to the enforcement of the Municipal Laws.
If you have a concern or a complaint within Red Deer please contact us by phone or fill in the “Animal a Complaint” form to the right ->.
To Register a Complaint
Please call 403-347-2388: Please be prepared to provide the following information.
- Your name, address, phone number
- The location, date & time of incident
- Current location/address of the animal if known
- Brief details of the incident, including names and phone numbers of any witnesses
- The animals breed, size, color
- Any other identifiable features on the animal
- Address where the animal lives
To aid staff to respond faster, please be ready to describe your complaint briefly and concisely. This information is confidential. No anonymous complaints will be accepted.
** Please note that Alberta Animal Services receives thousands of calls for service each year. While we do our best to respond to as many calls as possible, we must respond to calls based on priority. Please be patient and if you have not received a response back in a few days please contact our office directly at 403-347-2388.
Animal Complaint Form
Live in Red Deer? Need a dog license?
Get your dogs tag today and don’t let your dog be left without one!
90% of licensed dogs are returned home within hours of being found.