Join Our Team
Alberta Animal Services Job Opportunities
Alberta Animal Services strives to foster a safe environment where people and pets can live together in harmony. If you have a passion for public service and want to make a difference in your community and help animals in need, then come and work with us!
Animal Care Specialist
Want to work with Animals? Want to make a difference in your community? Alberta Animal Services is seeking an Animal Care Specialist we are looking for a dedicated individual who is passionate about the welfare and care of animals!
This position requires you to be constantly providing care and enrichment for all animals brought into the facility. The biggest part of this position is the animal husbandry. You need to be sure the animals are happy and healthy upon entering and leaving our facility. The goal is to make the animal feel the least amount of stress while being here. You will also be dealing with stressful situations (ie: injured animals, sick animals, aggressive animals, and large volumes of animals to care for, Alberta Animal Services can house up to 70 animals at one time.
- Cleaning Dog and Cat Kennels
- Cleaning shelter areas
- Administering medications
- Animal restraint
Apart from animal husbandry this job requires you to have exceptional customer service skills and can work in a receptionist environment. Examples answering phones, helping customers, intaking animals, dispatching complaint calls and dealing with difficult people. Here at Alberta Animal Services we are extremely busy we are non-stop on our feet. We need someone who can multitask and manage themselves.
You would be required to work weekends.
We are looking for applicants that have experience working with animals in one or more of the following:
- Veterinary Medical Receptionist
- Veterinary Assistant
- Boarding Kennels
- Pet Stores
Please submit resume and qualifications by email:firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping your resume off at 4640-61 Street, Red Deer, AB.
No positions available at this time
- Daily cleaning and maintaining of adoption center, feeding and cleaning dogs.
- Dealing with customers, showing animals and handling adoption paperwork.
- Assisting with monthly in-store events.
- Basic grooming of animals (nails and brushing)
- Giving medications and keeping management informed of any situations with animals, staff or facility.
- Communication/ Customer Service- You must be comfortable speaking with strangers and able to give excellent customer service.
- Self Management – A very important part of the adoption specialist is self-management. You must be able to manage your time effectively. You will have to juggle your daily tasks between, customers and adoptions. This role requires your ability to find the right balance so your customers are happy and your work gets done in a timely manner.
We are looking for people who have some experience working with animals, pet stores, boarding kennels or vet clinics. This job is physically demanding and requires you to always be busy. You will also be required to work weekends, evenings and statutory holidays!
Please submit resume and qualifications by email: email@example.com or by dropping your resume off at 4640-61 Street, Red Deer, AB.